Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 12, 2008

Head....Swimming....

Sooooooo many thoughts and stuff going on inside the ole brain. You could call it a brain storm, but I wouldn't.

First, yesterday. 9/11. I read a timeline of the events and played a radio montage from various stations in Manhattan from the day of the event on my show. It was very, very tough. Even now, 7 years later, it still affects me.

Second, yesterday. At work by 5:45a, a remote from 1p to 4p, doing the public address for three Jr. High football games starting about 4:15p and getting home around 9:30p. Only to get up and be at work by 5:30a this morning.

Third, this week. Our church's staff meets every morning in the theater for prayer at 9. Anyone is welcome to come Tuesdays through Fridays (the staff prays just as a staff on Mondays). I try to go as often as I feel I can get away from the station. I made everyday this week. I do enjoy praying with those guys and gals. It's good stuff.

Fourth, my thought keeps developing. The whole "our fears are fueled..." bit. It has now evolved to
"Our fears are fueled and our faith is felled when we forsake the Father's favor."

Sometimes we don't forget, we just plain ole rebel.

Fifth, Ike. He sure is causing a lot of trouble. This morning during prayer, one of the pastors was praying concerning Ike, and I had a vision of hundreds of little groups, just like ours, gathered together to pray. It was like a line of defense up and down the Gulf Coast. Then, another man there started to pray and asked if we dared to rebuke the storm. Jesus did. Why not us? So he rebuked the storm. I then realized that this "line of defense" was for more than just Ike. The groups spread all over the world. War was being fought in the spiritual realm, and it was goose-pimply to see believers praying with us and for us from around the globe.

Sixth, this blog. In my own vain efforts to sound so spiritual and profound, I lose sight of the personality that God has given me. I love to laugh. My whole family does, as do most of my friends. Yet, I'm so serious on the blog. I'm sorry, guys. I shall try to do a better job of just being me. Oh, don't get me wrong. I am spiritual and profound, but just not all the time. So, I will try to blog more, and just see where God leads things. Sound good?

Seventh, I like odd numbers.

1 comment:

Tobias Valdez said...

Rebuking the storm? I wonder how many people have ever done that since Jesus' day. But it is awesome to witness people waking up to the reality that has long been intended to be for the lives of His people!!

I know for those of us who are close to you (geographically & relationally) we get to be a part of both the funny, humorous side of you and the spiritual, profound side of you. Blogging doesn't have to include every part all the time. Sometimes the spiritual and profound is all that need be shared. Sometimes not. I think you are right in seeing where God leads things. Aren't we always right in doing so!

Blessing and peace to you this night. I hope you get to relax a bit.