Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sharp Dressed Man

Ahhh, yes. How many of you immediately thought about ZZ Top? Kudos to you. If you don't know who ZZ Top is, well, granola bars to you. For those of you who don't remember that Kudos were actually (if they aren't still now) some type of granola bar, just know that I'm not crazy. Seriously. Back to the song.

On my morning show, there is a segment called "Eddie's Stuff". Our AM morning personality comes over, and for 10 minutes, or so, gives us his unusual "stuff" for the day. Today, he talked about the "Shower Suit". It's a suit made of 100% wool and is supposed to dry very quickly. You can shower in it or hang it up and run water over it. It's designed with the always-on-the-go business exec in mind. So, the song I played following "Eddie's Stuff", and tying in with this last story of the morning was, indeed, "Sharp Dressed Man."

All of that to get here:
I look good today. Seriously. Khaki, flat-front pants, nice, button-down green striped shirt. I look sharp. I am, indeed, a sharp dressed man. However, before you get too jealous of my wife, please know, that when I sit down, my pant legs hike up to about my knee. Well, maybe not that high, but I do, in fact, look like I have "high-waters" on. Yes, a lot of sock is showing. Fortunately, my socks are similar in color to the pants, but still. Yikes! It's like they don't fit right or something.

Lesson: humility
You know, just a bit of humility to keep me from getting "too big for my britches."

Be encouraged.

P.S.
Learning from my "10 Lessons", I wrote this little anecdote down this morning, so I wouldn't forget it. Aren't we all glad I did?

Don't answer that.

3 comments:

Tobias Valdez said...

Its a shame you're in radio and not tv, then we could see your lovely socks!

Babione 6 said...

Simple solution: Stand up all day! You know, us women have a saying: "Beauty is worth the pain." (for times like when we're wearing high heels or plucking our eyebrows) =)

Love you, you sharp dressed man of mine,
Bridy

Jenni McCadams said...

How ironic that humility has come from literally being too big for your britches.