Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An Interesting Twist

In going over my message this last Sunday, God gave me what I thought was a pretty clever (and dead-on) quote. I was just feeling a burden for the church. Not just my parent's church, but the body of Christ as a whole. In praying over it, this is what came to mind:
"Our faith fails when we forget how much we're favored by the Father."

WE are his chosen, treasured, special, personal possession! How quickly and often we forget that. God's people, the Hebrews, forgot that rather easily, too. The exodus from Egypt to the Promised Land is rife with grumbling, complaining, whining, and turning away from God. The theme of forgetting continues through the New Testament. The pharisees are prime examples of people who had absolutely no memory of God's favor for his people.

Later in the afternoon, the thought was developed a little more.
"Our fear is fueled, and our faith fails when we forget how much the Father favors us."

Quick, little example: Peter, walking on water, focuses more on the waves than on Jesus, his fear takes over, his faith falls, and he starts to sink. Now, side note, he is the only one to have stepped out of the boat, so props for Peter, there. God couldn't show his favor (love, mercy, grace) any better than by sending his only begotten son, Jesus Christ to die for us while we were yet sinners. He not only loves us, he likes us.

Now, here's the twist. This morning whilst praying, it hit me - this is not just a word for the church - it's a PERSONAL WORD.

Whoa.

God just wanted to remind me, that I am treasured by the Most High God. My own faith fails, and my own fears are fueled, whenever I forget that the Father will never forsake me. I even had a word spoken over me back in March dealing with the same thing. Here's a clip of what Paul Costa had to say:


Interesting twist, huh? Be encouraged.

No comments: