Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Sacrifice

It's a Creed song. But that's not the point of this post. As I've mentioned before, my alarm goes off at 4am. Notice how I always say that my alarm goes off then, and not that I get up then. A couple, ten presses of the ole snooze button allows me some extra sleep. I'm usually out of bed by 4:30.

My morning routine consists of bathroom time, batcave time, bathroom time and leaving. Sometimes, I sneak a breakfast time in there, but not very often. It's just hard for me to eat at 4:30/5 in the morning. Besides, I'm usually hungry again around 10-ish.

My batcave time consists of Bible time, blog time, between-God-and-me time (you knew I had to keep the whole "b" thing going) and body building time. That sounds grand, but it's usually just some push-ups and sit-ups. The only thing really consistent in the the batcave time is the between-God-and-me time. I hit the rest most of the time, but some mornings I may spend more time in the Bible and not get to blog, or vice versa, or I won't build my body, or whatever.

My morning routine seems to get easier everyday. It's still not easy. But it has come a long way from whence I started. I fought God on it for a long time. It's just very, very early. My turning point came one morning (before I started writing down stuff) as I was doing my sit-ups. I remember laying on the floor and asking God why it has to be so hard. You know? I was tired; I was trying to do sit-ups; I wanted to be back in bed. Why are things so hard, God?
"It wouldn't be a sacrifice if it was easy."

Whoa. You answered me? I'm sacrificing for You right now? Talk about an attitude change. Here I was thinking I was just going through some tough times, and God saw it for what it really is. It's a season. And, during this particular season, some sacrifices have to be made. So, me getting up every morning to have my time alone with God is a sacrifice. You know, Psalms talks about bringing the "sacrifice of praise." And look at Romans 12:1
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to
present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is
your spiritual worship."

Even now, what can I say? My early morning hours are an act of spiritual worship to the creator of the universe. I'm sure it's much sweeter to His ears now. I don't gripe and complain nearly as much as I used to.

What is your act of spiritual worship? Is God asking you to sacrifice anything right now? Remember, it's a season; seasons change. God is here, lovingly walking you through this time, and He's already in the next season lovingly waiting for you. Are you kicking and screaming your way through this time? I was. Maybe it would help if you could see it for what it is. A season. A season of sacrifice. Your living sacrifice; your spiritual worship. Be encouraged.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: