Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Audience Participation: Which Is Worse?

Some of these are humorous; some are thought provoking. I encourage you to participate and answer in the comments section (I know, I know - where else would you answer, right?). My answers are in italicized (obviously), but they are in no form the "correct" answer. These are simply my opinions. What's yours?
Which Is Worse?
  1. Obama or McCain?
  2. taking another cookie in front of your son or having him call you a cheater for doing so?
  3. the economic "crisis" or the government "bailout"?
  4. high gas prices or no car to get you there?
  5. having to help a lizard give birth or realizing that's not a foot you're pulling on because lizards lay eggs?
  6. missing out on an opportunity to grow and realizing it or having no clue?
  7. Barney or "Tickle Me" Elmo?
  8. two birthdays in two days or a birthday and Christmas in two days?
  9. waiting for Jesus to return and doing nothing or not knowing Jesus?
  10. changing a dirty diaper or mopping up the "didn't-make-it-to-the-toilet" mess?
  11. disciplining your child in front of people or watching someone else not discipline their child?
  12. singing off key or having no rhythm?
  13. going to class and having a pop quiz or going to class for an open book test and forgetting your book?
  14. running ahead of God or dragging your feet?
  15. taking this survey or ignoring the requests of a friend and repeatedly not commenting on his blog?

Now, go answer before you read my answers.

My Answers:

  1. Obama - for lots of reasons
  2. "you cheater" - he said it with this look on his face like he was "gonna do me in"
  3. the bailout - why are we rewarding greed and bad money-handling again?
  4. no car - I know walking is good for you, but still
  5. the realization - this was a story I read from an email - very funny
  6. again, the realization - it burns to know you could have gotten so much more out of an opportunity
  7. Barney - I never did like the big, purple dinosaur
  8. birthday and Christmas - who likes having your present intake cut in half?
  9. not knowing Jesus - tough one - can there be a tie?
  10. mopping - at least with a diaper, it's all contained (in theory, anyway)
  11. watching someone else - you don't help the child learn anything but how to be a spoiled brat
  12. singing off key - you could still play drums if you had rhythm
  13. open book - that's just plain off if you don't take your book to an open book test
  14. running ahead - another tough one - surely there can be ties
  15. being a heartless friend who reads every blog posted but never comments on anything - but I'm not bitter

BONUS:

not posting in 5 days or realizing nobody reads your blog unless you prod them?

I think you know the answer. Don't you?

5 comments:

Babione 6 said...

Obama
taking the cookie
bailout
no car
pulling on a "foot" =)
having no clue
Barney
neither is bad
not knowing Jesus
mopping up mess
watching someone not discipline
tie
forgetting the book
tie
ignoring, of course ;-)

Bridy

Babione 6 said...

After reading your answers I have to give a reason for my answer to number 6 because we disagree. It might burn to know you missed an opportunity but having felt the burn you will make sure not to miss the next one. Someone who has no idea will continue missing opportunities. That is much worse.

In my opinion.

I love you - and it should make you feel good that I prodded you to post something - it shows how much I enjoy reading you blog. And this post did not dissappoint.

Bridy

Tobias Valdez said...

1. Obama probably for the same many reasons you think.
2. Taking the cookie!!
3. Bailout. People must be accountable for their actions.
4. No car! (but if I didn't have a car, taking a cookie wouldn't impact my waistline as much.
5. Bless your heart!
6. Having no clue...I agree with Bridget's reasoning
7. Barney. Can't we move past him yet!?!
8. B-day & Christmas...same reasons as you
9. Not knowing Jesus...ultimately
10. Mopping the mess...with a diaper its still contained...mostly
11. Watching someone not discipline...in the old day no one watched a parent not discipline, the whole neighborhood got involved!!
12. Having no rhythm is worse by far.
13. Forgetting your book
14. Running ahead...God is gracious and most times He allows you time to get caught up...but getting ahead will often produce unwanted results that can't be reversed.
15. Ignoring a friend

BONUS: nobody reading your blog

Tobias Valdez said...

So do I get a cookie at lunch for the bonus or what?

Becca said...

Okay, so I'm a little behind on my blogging comments!!

1. Obama
2. take the cookie!
3. Bailout
4. I really enjoy my car - No car!
5. Realizing it's not the foot
6. having no clue what your opportunties are
7. Barney
8. Christmas and a birthday
9. Not knowing Jesus
10. mopping up the mess!
11. watching someone not discipline their child!
12. No rhythm
13. Open book but forgetting your book - I agree with RC, who on earth would forget their book?!
14. Can I choose both here??!
15. Ignoring

(Now that I'm finished! I had to re-do all my answers b/c I looked at the question above wrong...whew, that took a little while lol)