Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 6, 2008

"...therefore...hope..."

ACF's men's retreat is this weekend. As of right now, I'm going. However, I'm not sure what my boss was thinking when he said I could go, unless he thought the rest of the employees at the station could handle both him (station manager) and me (program director) being gone. To add to the distress, our AM morning guy informed me that he would not be there Thursday or Friday. I will be gone Friday. Matt is gone all week. Added pressure will be upon the rest of the staff. Can they do it? I think so. They're going to have to handle it. Fun stuff, I'm sure.

I'm currently reading from the gospel of John. This morning was the passage about Jesus turning water into wine. The commentary from my Life Application Bible mentioned how most of Jesus' miracles were the renewing of fallen creation: blind to see, lame to walk, dead to rise, etc.

That is interesting. I guess I never looked that much into it. It makes sense. The Author of Life rewriting a bad story line. Isn't that what he does for you and me? He redeems fallen creation. Thank you, Lord, for being our savior. This from Lamentations 3:21-24:
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
I give you the situation at the station and the men's retreat to ask for your prayers. I give you the passages of scripture to encourage you. Therefore hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

Tobias Valdez said...

Alright, so what's with the Latin closing line at the end of each post? Some of us aren't trilingual, or bilingual for that matter.

I will pray hard because I was looking forward to hanging you and Chris some more this weekend. I'm sure I'll spend time with the other guys, but this will be the first time I've had any close friends there. Looking forward to it! Believing God for a great time with you there!